 CAD / MLCad / 491
Re: New MLCad Release is on it's way
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:52:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann writes:
I will release MLCad 1.99 this evening. It should fix major problems and
provide some new usefull things.

Michael, I know I should have said this long ago:

Thank you for creating a modern, more intuitive lego drawing program.
Although the work of James Jessiman was great and extensive, it was not
especially user-friendly.  I know I never would have gotten involved in LDRAW
and LUGNET, or done any parts authoring, or even Recorded MOC's if MLCad had
not existed.  I know MANY others who started the same way.

Now, I find that you seem to be popular to pick on, lately.  I would like to
apologize for the less-than-graceful of us MLCad users.  We are not all this
rude.  Although we all like to see improvements in any program, no program is
ever perfect.

The real reason for this message is to say Thank You!

Regardless of how this version works out, thank you for all the previous
versions that all worked well enough to find a home on hard drives all over
the world!

Tim Romine
AFOL for Life
enimor@earthlink.net