 CAD / MLCad / 493
Re: New MLCad Release is on it's way
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:42:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Tim Romine writes:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann writes:
I will release MLCad 1.99 this evening. It should fix major problems and
provide some new usefull things.

Michael, I know I should have said this long ago:

Thank you for creating a modern, more intuitive lego drawing program.

I think I myself *have* said this, actually. But it bears repeating!

    Thank you for creating a modern, more intuitive lego drawing program.

Although the work of James Jessiman was great and extensive, it was
not especially user-friendly...

I think I speak for many when I say that we owe a debt to James for showing
what's possible while at the same time recognising that we can, should, and
have extended his groundbreaking work. That's not slavish idolatry but rather
honest gratitude. Every field needs both pioneers and skilled latecomers to
extend what's been done, and LEGO CAD is no exception. Michael is one of those
skilled latecomers, and I also would never have started modeling were it not
for MLCad.

Now, I find that you seem to be popular to pick on, lately.

Broken record alert: Michael, ignore the rude, ignore the clueless.

++Lar