 CAD / MLCad / 488
Re: A couple questions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:08:52 GMT

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 Matthew Moulton writes:
[snip]
My other question is are there
any tips on doing angled building?  I've been making instructions
for
my Rapier model and it's fast becoming a pain in the ass due to all
the strange angles of pieces.  Take a look at my site and you'll see
what I mean.  Mainly on the back end.  So anyway I'm wondering if
like
say I put a right wing piece down and put it at a certain angle, is
there a way to add a left wing piece and get it to mirror the angle
of
the right wing?  I tried some experimentation with entering in the
values manually but that didn't seem to work very well.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

-Matthew
http://my.ispchannel.com/~mmoulton/lego/index.html

Regarding the right and left wings, what I would do is

1. Put in the right wing and angle it.
2. Next, duplicate it (Ctrl+D).  This will create an identical piece with
the same orientation, etc.

Now the next part is kind of complicated :)   When you have a single
piece and rotate it along the y axis (A), it will rotate in place.  But
if you have a few pieces selected, they will rotate around y=0.  So...

3. Add an expendable piece anywhere in the model
4. Select the wing piece resulting from the duplication and the
expendable piece.
5. Rotate 180 degrees around y=0 (by pressing A twice).
6. Then change the wing piece to being the 'left' version of the wing.

You don't have to add the expendable piece, though, if you just rotate
the duplicate wing piece 180 degrees and move it into place manually.

Hope this helps!
--Ryan

Lugnet member #517
E-mail: Ryanjf2@juno.com