 CAD / MLCad / 308
Re: MLCAD rotation (future request)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 00:34:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Sproaticus wrote:

An idea, straight out of left field:  named rotation centers.  Why restrict
yourself to just one?  It should be possible to have *several* user-defined
rotation centers, and when the user wants to rotate a subpart, MLCad could use
the *current* named rotation center.

Cool idea.

Named rotation centers could be saved in the MPD as 0-line comments.  In fact,
(and I'm just spewing now :-) a buncha MLCad-specific stuff could be saved as
special 0-line comments (e.g. "0 MLCAD Named-Rot-Center Yadda 20 -8 40" or even
"0 MLCAD Named-Rot-Axis Yabbadabba 20 -8 40 20 -16 40", etc.) in a special MPD
subpart file consisting entirely of such directives -- which could make setting
model-specific (or user-specific) MLCad settings as easy as including a canned
subpart.

Is there an advantage to stuffing them in a separate subfile, other than
neatness?  That approach *requires* the use of MPD for storage.

If they could scoped to be 'located' in specific subfiles (or the main
file), that would be useful...

Alternately, they could be stored (in any line format *except* DAT) before
the first 0 FILE meta-command in an MPD.

Steve