 CAD / MLCad / 317
Re: MLCAD rotation (future request)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 18:14:06 GMT

Michael Lachmann wrote:
I like this idea of storing the rotation data.

Cool!  :-,

But I wouldn't restrict it to mpd but store it in any dat file ... This
allows having different rotation points per sub-model.

(Also answering Steve's post)  Nah, I wasn't thinking of restricting it to a
sub-file only, but rather to have the option of doing so.  In fact, for
simple one-off models (which the majority of mine are, anyway), it would be
best to keep the 0-line directives with the model instead of some
centralized library.

However, in a mass-production-like environment, e.g. amassing an army of
MLCad minifigs, keeping a 0-line-directives subfile handy would really cut
down on some redundant work, esp. if a feature like named rotation centers
was implemented.

I'm simply likening the idea to that of #include in C -- you could do all
the header stuff and prototypes etc. in the main source file, but sometimes
(for neatness) it pays off to be able to refer to the same header file from
several source files.

Cheers,
- jsproat

I'm betting I'm just abnormal enough to survive!
  - The Tick