 CAD / MLCad / 307
Re: Suggestion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:17:01 GMT

I turned off shading and turned on BFC, it seemed to improve speed a little.
The settings you mentioned below were already set.

I still have the problem with drag/dropping 'plopping' new parts into the
window. Why don't they take on ALL the position attributes of the previous
part, I have it set to do this in the settings, but it only duplicates the
position based on the window it was plopped into, every other position
attribute is centered.

Thanks,
Adam

Michael Lachmann <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message
The sounds like a good idea.

However you should check your settings, and see if the Position for new • part
is not centered, and the draw to selection only option is disabled .... • this
slows down very much.

Thanks,
   Michael

Adam Howard <abhoward10@hotmail.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
FzBJoG.3pG@lugnet.com...
Hi Mike!

I've been working on a large model and have run into the
slowwwiiiinnnnggg-dowwn wall. Whenever I add a new piece or rotate a
selected one it seems to take forever.

I'm not sure, but I believe it is because MLCAD re-renders the whole • model
when a new part is added. I know the best solution is to buy a • high-speed
computer with lots of memory, but I was wondering if making each step • act
as
a Layer would help. With each step as a layer you could select wich • layers
to turn on or off when you are working on the model. It would also help • keep
track of what you are doing at a certain step, and if you need to go • back
in
the model and change something it would be easier to do. Now considering
some models have zillions of steps, it might be too much for 'each' step • to
be a layer. So there could be options: 2 steps = 1 layer, 3 steps = 1 • layer,
etc, or simply an option to Turn off all steps/layers before the • previous
1,2,3,etc layers.

Another thing that would make building models a little easier is when
'plopping' (drag/dropping) a new part that it take on ALL of the • position
attributes of the currently selected part. Maybe I have something set • wrong,
but when using this option, my part always appears at the center of the
window that I didn't plop into- I use two views Front and Top. Example: • I
plop into the Front view (to make sure it is at the correct level, but • the
part always appears near the center of the Top view while in the Front • view
it is where I wanted it to appear. Now this may seem a simple problem to
fix- just grab it and drag it where you want, but when you are working • on
large model and you have it set to 100% zoom the center of the model • (from
the Top view perspective) is not always visible, so you then have to go
through a lot of trouble to find/then move the part to the section you • are
working on..
So could you add an option where plopped parts take on all the position
attributes of the previous part regardless of where the mouse was in the
window when you plopped the part?

Thanks,
Adam Howard