 CAD / MLCad / 198 (-20)
  Re: Big Scenes

(...) Hello, Reading that you are working at MLCad v1.8 i'd like to ask if its possible to select multiple parts without the bounding box appearing around them, since it prevents the user to select parts that are inside this box. I know that you can (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Big Scenes

Hi Michael, Michael Lachmann <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: FrpML4.8ny@lugnet.com... (...) four (...) and (...) Great! Ok, I will stand by.... (...) -- Ciao, Joachim. (Homepage: (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Big Scenes

(...) it (...) I've tried some weeks ago to build a small viewer compatible to the MLCad dat format extensions, using OpenGl. The result was: It was not much faster, and I was loosing all the features, build in into the 3D-Drawing engine of MLCad. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Big Scenes

(...) why don't you add opengl support? for people with acceleration ( not me :( ) it would be MUCH faster, with little or no quality loss Jonathan Gevaryahu Jgevaryahu(remove)@hotmail.com (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Big Scenes

(...) step precession-level from no studs, over lines (like LEdit), coase studs and normal studs. First speed measurements indicated a increase of up to factor 10! Please stand by, I will try to release this version as soon as possible. Michael (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Big Scenes

Hi, working on a big project, I got a problem: I build, using many subparts, that have to be only placed around in the scene. But all editors go VERY slow, because of the amount of pieces (I know I could do it with an calculator and text editor). (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help! - MLCAD won't read 754.dat

(...) Okey-day. Consider them deleted. Steve (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help! - MLCAD won't read 754.dat

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:s1m5bs49sah2vvq...4ax.com... (...) is (...) *valid*, (...) next (...) Steve, Those two lines can just be deleted from the file. That's probably what you meant by cleaning up, but just to (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Color Palette

Joel Hoornbeek wrote... (...) The LDraw colors are 0-15, 32-47, 256-511 (and of course 16 and 24). New "unofficial" colors were defined for LDLite, 17-23, 25, 57. These have been adapted by MLCad and will soon be by L3P too. See also (URL) C. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Color Palette

As long as somebody is answering questions about color, maybe you can answer mine too. I've recently started using L3P as my conversion tool, and I've been quite happy with the results. However, it doesn't like some of the MLcad colors, such as (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Color Palette

Is there a way to make the color palette larger so that it displays more then 16 colors at once? Alternately, is there a way to move the colors around so that I can put the ones that i use more in the first 16 slots so that they show up in the (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCAD multiple selection

Hello, I am using MLCAD for a few days now, and i have a problem with selecting multiple parts that are close together. The program displays a bounding box around the selection and its not possible to select other parts that are close/behind to your (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad Suggestions

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Ralph Hempel writes: <SNIP> I'm thinking about rewriting the portion where MLCad displays the parts tree and the parts preview ... I thought about using resizeable tool-boxes ínstead of the panes, which makes it possible to have (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad Suggestions

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Ralph Hempel writes: <SNIP> (...) that (...) First there is a similar option existing already: Press 'I' and a dialog will pop-up, here you can enter the part number (with .dat) pressing ENTER or OK will insert the part. This (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  RE: MLCad Suggestions

One thing I forgot to add was the ability to right-click the part preview (part select) window and have it float behind the actual MLCad window, or maximize until you select your part. The part preview should show as much info as possible. This (...) (25 years ago, 27-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCad Suggestions

(...) Hi all. I've been looking around for a while now for a decent CAD program for modelling some of my work. I looked at MLCad some time ago and it was pretty decent even then! Back then, Michael was thinking about doing an RCX/Cybermaster (...) (25 years ago, 27-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad Grouping Feature Specification

(...) Completely different approach then... I used the Raytrace software "Imagine" on the Amiga (quite some time ago) In Imagine there was a similar thing, objects break down in groups and groups break down in faces and faces break down in points. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad Grouping Feature Specification

SHIFT + Left klick will not work, since this is commonly used for extended selections. e.g. Click on a part, than SHIFT click on a part 3 lines below the first part and all parts between get selected too. Also CTRL + left klick is used already, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad Grouping Feature Specification

(...) I prefer the toolbar the most and the shortcut as close second. (...) I would like to see it like this: Normal left click selects the group the part belongs to. If the part doesn't belong to a group select the part itself instead. Shift + left (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCad Grouping Feature Specification

Since many people asked for a grouping feature in MLCad, I would like to ask what you think is usefull and how the grouping feature should work. My suggestions so far: - User selects one or more parts and either selects GROUP from a menu or hits a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact