 CAD / MLCad / 182
Re: MLCad Grouping Feature Specification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:54:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann writes:
SHIFT + Left klick will not work, since this is commonly used for extended
selections. e.g. Click on a part, than SHIFT click on a part 3 lines below the
first part and all parts between get selected too.

Also CTRL + left klick is used already, using ALT I havn't tried yet, but
could work.

So the problem I see is how to select just a part and not the group of parts?

Completely different approach then... I used the Raytrace software "Imagine"
on the Amiga (quite some time ago) In Imagine there was a similar thing,
objects break down in groups and groups break down in faces and faces break
down in points. In MLCad this would be something like 'model' - 'group' -
'part'.
In the Imagine's menu you could set the 'detail' level to one of those
classes. If I wanted to work with a group of points, select the group setting
and clicking a point selected the groups. Switching to point modus: clicking a
point, one seperate point was selected.
So it's a bit like the buttons you have for grid setting, but now for
selecting groups or parts.
Imagine had more things based on this; it's possible to view the selected
group only etc.

-Frank