 CAD / MLCad / 1378 (-20)
  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) Note for onlookers: the key thing I get from Don's suggestion is that it reverses the "you may not distribute this spec" from Michael's document to "you can, and should, distribute this spec". Which, IMO, is a better approach. This information (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) Hi Michael, I think we're making progress here, but I'd like to take a stab at speeding things up. I'd like to suggest the zlib license as one that could perhaps make everyone happy. I cut and pasted it here, replacing the word "software" with (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

Ahhh, this license is ment for developers of programms only , not for autoring parts!!!!! I've to corret that in the document. For sure the use of this commands in parts is totally free and open to use ... Michael "Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) My understanding is that because of the ... enthusiastic ... IP laws in Austria / Germany, your claim of IP rights on the design of part of the content of DAT files, any lawyer could, on their own volition, come after ldraw.org if any of your (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) Us bloody brits use licence normally, although often have to use license as the terrible spelling of the yanks has crept into our daily lives ;) Dan (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ote2lu87meh0ltv...4ax.com... (...) Maybe it's not written in the right way ... what I ment was that developers should make clear that if they are not 100% mlcad compatible from the language (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) This is an improvement, I think. However, the requirement for authors to clearly document what (parts) of your meta-commands they've implemented contradicts the restriction from reproducing your document or its contents. There are still basic (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

Hello Michael (...) I think the new license is working out well and people will be happy now ;). (see! i told you all!) ;) Play well Carsten (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) Hi Michael, Looked over it briefly- misspelled 'listed' on page 3 (listet). Didn't really check too closely for spelling errors- that just jumped out at me. Also 'lizence'? :) We here in America use 'license' or more uncommon 'licence'- No (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  New version of MLCad command spec

Hi, there is a new draft version of the MLCad command spec available for download at (URL) is in version V1.1 state draft. Please feel free to comment this document. I have rewritten the lizence section and added a section for the rotation points. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCad Wish

Hello. Would it be easy to implement an "Explode" feature in MLCad? I.e. if you have inserted a "model" in your file, and explode it, it will be divided into the parts it's built up of. And then youy can explode, and explode till you're at the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Parts list with sub-models

Hi Ross, I've got that reported already, but didn't have the time to fix this yet. However there is a little bit more time left now, so I can follow this things a bit more. Thanks for reporting this anyway ... Michael "Ross Crawford" (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

(...) Thanks for the moderating comment. Michael, here is a suggestion for what you can write about the rights to your specification: © Copyright 2002, Michael L. Since this document is made available free of charge, I can not make any promises (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

Hello, I think we should wait what Michael is coming up with before making harsh comments. I followed this whole discussion from the start and i think it's always right to state your opinion - but please do this in a constructive way. Thank you. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

(...) document whose URL is listed above. Specifically, the Licenze section: (...) OK, that's good. (...) OK, so if someone writes a program that uses these commands, they must: a. List the commands in their documentation b. Provide the URL to the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

(...) Yes, what's needed here is NO license, not a NEW license. Michael if you're using MLCAD to bring visitors to your site in order to drum up business for your software company, that's fine. Just ask politely and we'll provide the links for (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

(...) If your new license for puts any restrictions whatsoever on the right to use or implement your extensions, you can just as well save your own time and leave it as it is. Play well, Jacob (who might decide to act like the BOFH he really is) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Parts list with sub-models

Hi Michael, Just noticed that the parts list report seems to be inaccurate dealing with sub-models. If I include a sub-model more than once in the main model, it only gets counted once, also if I create a sub-model but don't include it in the main (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

Hi, i've found some more commands in MLCad which I introduced totaly new, ... but long time ago. So there is this ROTATION command, which was used at the early days of MLCad instead of ROTSTEP. Later I learned that this conflicts with LD-Lite. So I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

(...) That, and the fact that MLCAD adds two 0 ROTATION statements to the header of every model file it edits. (...) Actually, only commented-out versions of the ROTATION meta-statement have appeared in parts (ie, '0 0 ROTATION'). The submit process (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact