 CAD / MLCad / 1369
    New version of MLCad command spec —Michael Lachmann
   Hi, there is a new draft version of the MLCad command spec available for download at (URL) is in version V1.1 state draft. Please feel free to comment this document. I have rewritten the lizence section and added a section for the rotation points. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Adam Howard
     (...) Hi Michael, Looked over it briefly- misspelled 'listed' on page 3 (listet). Didn't really check too closely for spelling errors- that just jumped out at me. Also 'lizence'? :) We here in America use 'license' or more uncommon 'licence'- No (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Daniel Crichton
     (...) Us bloody brits use licence normally, although often have to use license as the terrible spelling of the yanks has crept into our daily lives ;) Dan (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Carsten Schmitz
     Hello Michael (...) I think the new license is working out well and people will be happy now ;). (see! i told you all!) ;) Play well Carsten (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Steve Bliss
   (...) This is an improvement, I think. However, the requirement for authors to clearly document what (parts) of your meta-commands they've implemented contradicts the restriction from reproducing your document or its contents. There are still basic (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Michael Lachmann
   "Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ote2lu87meh0ltv...4ax.com... (...) Maybe it's not written in the right way ... what I ment was that developers should make clear that if they are not 100% mlcad compatible from the language (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Steve Bliss
   (...) My understanding is that because of the ... enthusiastic ... IP laws in Austria / Germany, your claim of IP rights on the design of part of the content of DAT files, any lawyer could, on their own volition, come after ldraw.org if any of your (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Michael Lachmann
   Ahhh, this license is ment for developers of programms only , not for autoring parts!!!!! I've to corret that in the document. For sure the use of this commands in parts is totally free and open to use ... Michael "Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Don Heyse
   (...) Hi Michael, I think we're making progress here, but I'd like to take a stab at speeding things up. I'd like to suggest the zlib license as one that could perhaps make everyone happy. I cut and pasted it here, replacing the word "software" with (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Steve Bliss
   (...) Note for onlookers: the key thing I get from Don's suggestion is that it reverses the "you may not distribute this spec" from Michael's document to "you can, and should, distribute this spec". Which, IMO, is a better approach. This information (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Michael Lachmann
   Agreed ... the only thing I would like to make sure is that there are no out-dated versions hanging arround somewhere in the net. And I believe thats only possible if the spec can be downloaded from one single location. Do you think different about (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Don Heyse
     (...) Put a version number and a publication date at the top of the spec along with a recommendation to visit your website for the most up to date version of the specification. You may even want to provide an email address and suggest people email (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Steve Bliss
     (...) Then again, if it's all in the "do not delete this notice" section, Michael's concerns will be addressed. Here's some suggested verbiage: (...) Steve (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: New version of MLCad command spec —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   (...) Isn't the only reasonable way to handle that, to have clear version numbers on the specifications, as well as insisting that any »compatible with MLCAD« text includes the version number of the implemented specification? Play well, Jacob -- (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)