 CAD / MLCad / 1379
Re: New version of MLCad command spec
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:58:42 GMT

Agreed ...

the only thing I would like to make sure is that there are no out-dated
versions hanging arround somewhere in the net. And I believe thats only
possible if the spec can be downloaded from one single location.

Do you think different about that? If yes how would you solve this issue?

As I mentioned earlier I'm open to discussions. And as the spec for MLCad
V2.13 is already growing, I can change that easily ...

Michael

P.S: Uups - did I mention V2.13 already? He he ...

"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Don Heyse wrote:

--------------------------
Copyright (C) 2002 Michael Lachmann

This specification is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
warranty.  In no event will the author be held liable for any damages
arising from the use of this specification.

Permission is granted to anyone to use this specification for any • purpose,
including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
freely, subject to the following restrictions:

1. The origin of this specifiction must not be misrepresented; you must • not
    claim that you wrote the original specification. If you use this
    specification in a product, an acknowledgment in the product
    documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
2. Altered versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
    misrepresented as being the original specification.
3. This notice may not be removed or altered from the specification.

Note for onlookers:  the key thing I get from Don's suggestion is that
it reverses the "you may not distribute this spec" from Michael's
document to "you can, and should, distribute this spec".  Which, IMO, is
a better approach.  This information *is* developer-focused.  It should
enable other developers to use the information, not get in their way.

Steve