 CAD / MLCad / 1186
Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 07:41:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Chuck Sommerville writes:
Actually, its a Java applet thing.

I found the same applet over the holidays and coudn't wait to try it!

Here is the POV camera I used:

camera {
spherical
location <0,0,0>      // position
look_at  <1,0,0>      // view
h_angle 360           // horizontal degrees
v_angle 180           // vertical degrees
rotate <180, 0, 0>
translate <0,-95,0>
}

Did you have to manipulate the image at all to get the projection correct?
I used the panoramic camera for my images.  It would only take 180 degrees,
so I rendered two images and stuck them together.  My example is at

http://lworld.figielweb.com

It's the begining of a lego Disneyworld.  You can change the resolution
and turn the hotspots on and of by clicking on the links to the right of the
image.  So far you can go to 3 places.  The monorail station, the soccer
field, and the road intersection between them.

Aren't virtual bricks the coolest!