 CAD / MLCad / 1185
Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 07:07:21 GMT

Hey,
QuickTime will do the exact same thing.  QuickTime isn't just a movie player, it
is a media wrapper.  And virtual reality images is just another media supported.
It will do full cubic panos like the castle, hot spots like the castle (I think
it requires Flash though),  and it will do objects, like the car I modeled here:
http://www.cc.utah.edu/~jer29950/lego/qtvr/

Off of the top of my head I don't know if there is a utility to take the
spherical image like these and turn time into QTVR's, but I have a friend with a
fish-eye lens that makes QTVR's of everyplace he visits in just a second or two,
so I imagine there is probably a utility that could turn the spherical images
into QTVR's.

The Java Applet might be easier, especially for someone who doesn't have access
to QTVR creation tools.  I still like QTVR's though.

James

"Chuck Sommerville" <chucks@he.net> wrote in message
I built this proof of concept castle section using a java applet for • viewing
spherical renderings.  It is kind of like the Myst III viewer.

http://www.he.net/~chucks/castle/room1.htm

This is a fun way to view models from the inside.