Re: Improving the Parts Tracker experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:22:28 GMT

- Add a function to send email to other PT users,
  without exposing other users addresses.

Actually this already exists in a modified form on the LDraw website.
Since all the members of the PT are also members of the LDraw website,
use the Private Message system.  The snag is that you have to visit
the Main Ldraw site to see if you have any Private Messages.

Sorry, Orion, but I wouldn't use this.  If I want to communicate privately
with someone, I'll use e-mail.  If I don't have his e-mail address, or if
I want to post a public, LEGO-related message, I'll use LUGNet.

FWIW, I already have ~100kb of (e)mail and messages I try to read each
day, between e-mail, LUGNet, Pyramid, and LiveJournal.

Thanks,
Franklin