Re: Improving the Parts Tracker experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:07:43 GMT

In the Queue, don't list files I've already reviewed. • ...[same as]...
Franklin suggested this one a while back:
A "Parts I Have **Not** Reviewed" page.

Yes.  (Heh, big surprise, my liking this one. ;)

Hide the certified and admin-review files from the parts
list page (with an option to show them).  Or move them
to the bottom of the list, with "hold" files.

That's good, too.

An optional filter for MyReviews that show only those parts
initially submitted by the user.

I like this.

Change the file status calculation, so that files go
into "has uncertified subfiles" status **after**
they have enough votes for admin review.

Yes!!

Allow users to edit the header of those parts they initially
submitted.  (Not those parts they have **any** submit action
on, just **initial** submits.  Both of the above include
"submit by proxy.")

Oh, [*BLEEP*], YES!!
(Who do I have to kill to get this one? >;)

Here's some more:

An option that sorts all files in **chronological** order
(i.e., by DATE INITIALLY UPLOADED).

An option to set a cookie, to have my browser **remember**
that I prefer the Parts List page to display in a certain
order, such as:
* by Status (the apparent default...blech...)
* by Type
* by Filename
* by Title
* CHRONOLOGICAL (see above)
* (etc.)

These sorting options should also be exportable to
the Queue.  For ex., suppose I want to check all Minifig
parts?  (FWIW, this usually is the first category of files
I check...)

Thanks,
Franklin