Re: Downloadable Handbook?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 23:09:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
Hey Chris -

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Chris Dee writes:
Tim
I would prefer that Steve Bliss and I continue to have some involvement with
ensuring accuracy and consistency of this "parts authoring" reference
material, so we might need to look at permissions on the ldraw.org server.

That's fine with me. I don't touch Parts Tracker stuff :-)

-Tim

But this isn't Parts Tracker stuff - it is Parts Authoring stuff.

I don't touch that either ;-)

I don't think it would be easy for newbies to find under "Specifications" - so
I'd rather see a new "Part Authoring" link on http://www.ldraw.org/reference/.

Ok.

If we create a new subdirectory "/authoring", are you happy for Steve and I to
maintain the Part Authoring content in this directory as well as some material
in the  "/specs" directory (actually permissions look fine)? Or would you
prefer to review material prior to publishing?

You guys can go ahead and publish without my review there. Just please try
to keep the pages within the existing format and use the appropriate include
files.

Do you mind if I correct any typos and spelling mistakes on the existing pages?

That's OK.

I think the "Parts Tracker" reference - i.e. "The Parts Tracker FAQ", "The
Parts Reviewing FAQ", "Review Posting Information", "L3P -check Messages" and
the PT development stuff should stay where it is in
http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/

OK. To maintain continuity, do you think /reference/specs/tracker/ could
sym-link over to that location?

Everything else on this page probably belongs in either "Part Authoring" or
"Specifications".

Ok. Feel free to add pages and sections as appropriate.

-Tim