Re: Downloadable Handbook?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 18:51:20 GMT

I don't think it would be easy for newbies to find under "Specifications" - so
I'd rather see a new "Part Authoring" link on http://www.ldraw.org/reference/.

many thx for this

I think the "Parts Tracker" reference - i.e. "The Parts Tracker FAQ", "The
Parts Reviewing FAQ", "Review Posting Information", "L3P -check Messages" and
the PT development stuff should stay where it is in
http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/
Everything else on this page probably belongs in either "Part Authoring" or
"Specifications".

I got "BFC certified" in october (thanks zanette) and now I'm struggling with conditional
lines after my minifig helmet got a hold-vote on the PT. therefore I think I'm the ideal newbie.

what we need is the following:

* Header-standard: Name, Partnumber, Patterncodes, Category, Keywords, BFC, the double
space needed after "x". Steve kindly sent me a sort of reference what comes first, what later.

* what to hell is this dat-thing. Primitives, Subparts and the handling of dithers colors.

* L3p -check messages. most of the hold-votes result from an unawareness of "identical lines", bad vertex sequence"
"this zero-value-thing"

* Steves BFC-Page + the short discription how identify "red triangels" in L3Lab".

* specifications for conditional lines (PLEASE!!!), specifications for stickers...

* 1000 years of experience

you see, we need a mix of all the stuff in the PT reference. there is so much to take care of. sometimes I wonder
how I got so far, without giving up.

willy