Re: Downloadable Handbook?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 14:58:22 GMT

Hey Chris -

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Chris Dee writes:
Tim

In my view most of the material Willy is speaking of is not really "PT
reference" material. The standards for part numbering, authoring reference
material, pattern codes, etc are independent from the PT - and really "LDraw
part authoring reference". The PT is just the (current) application for
managing parts updates.

Ok.

Can you identify where you would like this material to be placed, so we can
work on moving it? I'm not sure reference/tracker/ is the most appropriate for
most of this, although there is info which should go there.

It should probably go under specs/ - there's a category on the page called
Project Standards. Would it fit there? You can feel free to create another
section under specs/ or another directory under reference/ if it really
won't fit there.

I would prefer that Steve Bliss and I continue to have some involvement with
ensuring accuracy and consistency of this "parts authoring" reference material,
so we might need to look at permissions on the ldraw.org server.

That's fine with me. I don't touch Parts Tracker stuff :-)

If you have issues with the format of the existing pages, can we also discuss.

Those look fine.

-Tim