Re: [Parts Tracker] More BFC Primitives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:42:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tony Hafner wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes:
I've submitted BFC'ed versions of all the official stu*.dat files.

Surprisingly, a fair number of files are still in certified status.  I
expected nearly everything to drop back to "uncertified subfiles".
Apparently, we don't depend on studs as much as we thought.

Tony Hafner has volunteered to work on some of the other primitives, so I
hope to have more files posted relatively soon.

Hey- but I never heard back about which ones you wanted me to work on.

That's weird - I know I answered your email.  No big deal.

Should I do all the rings?  That would solve this:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=1910

I think we figured this out - I'm going to work on rings (with some
files already having been done by you and Damien), you're going to work
on the rest of the boxes.

Anyone else want to help?

Anyway, the PT says to send new versions of existing official files to you
instead of posting them directly.  Should I continue doing that, or should I
barge ahead and post them myself?

You *can't* post new versions of official files.  Only admins are
allowed to do this, to avoid overwriting existing parts with new parts
using the same number.

BUT, if you have an update for any file already on the Tracker, whether
it's a fix for an official file or an unofficial file, you can post your
update yourself.

I hope that makes sense to all readers -- it sure didn't make much sense
when I wrote it.

Steve