Re: [Parts Tracker] More BFC Primitives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:54:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tony Hafner writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes:
Um... Not to stir the pot or anything but I was reading the BFC proposal on
your website and noticed that the BFC specification says that all primitves
must be certified CCW.  Did this get revised via discussion and not updated?

For starters, I recently tried to track down the BFC specification but
couldn't find it (on ldraw.org or on Steve's site).  Could someone post the
link please?

<http://www.geocities.com/partsref/bfc/>

At this point, I'm as inclined to delete the clause from the spec as to
keep it (and modify the primitives specified as CW).

If it doesn't matter from a performance perspective, I vote you kill the
clause.

I think the only way it would matter for performance is if we decided that
the *entire* library would be CW or CCW, and so rendering programs wouldn't
have to check the winding direction at all.  And that would be a very small
difference in speed.

Steve