Re: [Parts Tracker] More BFC Primitives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:34:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Orion wrote:

Um... Not to stir the pot or anything but I was reading the BFC proposal on
your website and noticed that the BFC specification says that all primitves
must be certified CCW.  Did this get revised via discussion and not updated?

There was some discussion whether one winding was better or not.  Not
limited to primitives, just in general.

I think I arbitrarily put in the clause about all primitives being CCW,
mostly to promote consistency, but also partly to see if it caused any
reaction.  It's possible you are the first person to comment on it.  In
a couple of years, at least.

At this point, I'm as inclined to delete the clause from the spec as to
keep it (and modify the primitives specified as CW).

Steve