 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 197
  pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

Sorry, I lost the message to which I was supposed to reply, but the odd key pressing behavior in LDGLite is not gone in 0.9.5c. Strangely, pressing the 'q' keys causes two steps to step by while most other keys, the 'j' key for example, does what (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) Sorry for the delay, I've been away for a while on vacation. I think there's some confusion here about 0.9.5c. And I think I see the same confusion here. (URL) new ldglite 0.9.5c executable is just a quick hack to fix the two easiest to solve (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) No need for apologies. (...) Whoops, sorry about that. I didn't install the new GLUT. When I downloaded it, I didn't understand that it needed to be compiled, and since I couldn't figure out why there wasn't a GLUT.framework I gave up. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) Thanks for the push... I've been meaning to write up some directions to put on my site anyway. So, I did. You can find them at (URL) (only 2k). Notice that the directions are not ldraw or ldglite specific - they are just general directions for (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) I would expect that the installation of the Developer Tools is straight forward. I din't install them because the readme said that 700 MB of space were required. I have been playing with iMovie, and I regularrly fill my drive to capacity with (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) Nope, Project Builder and Interface Builder provide very robust GUIs (although you can use the command line if you want to). Compiling takes a *bit* more effort than just double clicking the file, of course... more like double click... and (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) [snip] (...) If you want to feel really geeky you can move on to the next level and try out those fabulous command line tools heard so much about. Grab the ldglite sources and try this: make -f makefile.osx Then you can become an uber-geek by (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) Heh, a quick search during lunch and I found a "quick install" libpng package for OS X right here: (URL) the only thing left is to install it, and remove the comments from the ldglite makefile (makefile.macx, NOT makefile.osx as stated above): (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

On Friday, June 21, 2002, at 01:06 PM, Don Heyse wrote: <snip directions on recompiling ldglite with PNG support> (...) I installed the libpng you pointed out, and gave it a shot... when I try to run the newly compiled ldglite executable, I get the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) libz.1.dylib is the shared libary for zip compression used by the PNG image format. I thought it came standard on OS X. Maybe that libpng is set to look for it in a non-standard (for OS X) place. I just built a version with libpng statically (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) PNG works now! Please clarify for me, does having it statically linked still require that you install libpng? I gather that it does. Sometime, maybe this weekend, I hope to write up some new instructions on using ldglite on Mac OS X, to help (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) No. Static linking means the PNG code from libpng is added to the ldglite executable. It should not search for libpng.dylib at runtime. However since zlib is dynamically linked, it will search for that at runtime. But it looks like that (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)