 CAD / Development / 9852 (-20)
  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) Just in case, the source code for lsynth is here. (URL) the CVS Repository link for instructions on how to fetch it all, or follow the Browse CVS link if you only want to examine it. Have fun, Don (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) Jindroush, True length is a topic that is near the top of the list for LSynth. Orion and I talked about it at BrickFest. There is at least one implementation out there by Frederick Glockner (using emacs) that supports true length. Since LSynth (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths (lsynth?)

(...) Yeah, exactly this. I knew I couldn't be the first to think about it ;-) Jindroush (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths (lsynth?)

(...) You know, this did actually come up before in the context of lsynth. This post from 2 years ago mentions LENGTH and UNITS options for the lsynth meta commands. (URL) think it's been mentioned since then as well. In my opinion that's probably (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) i haven't suggested that. We don't have separate part file for every known color, but instead, there is part and color info in the dat. I think the length should be put in somewhat similar way in the dat, so that it could be easily extracted (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub - background images for pages, PLIs and BOMs.

(...) Trying to do this may of course completely blow away how I render part list images with background images. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub - background images for pages, PLIs and BOMs.

(...) A quick search of the POV newsgroups yielded this suggestion: (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub - background images for pages, PLIs and BOMs.

(...) I believe that the general answer is yes, it is possible to take a jpg, gif, or bmp and place it into a rendered scene. One way it can be done is with texturemapping onto a rectangle. What you would presumably need to do then is position and (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LPub - background images for pages, PLIs and BOMs.

Hi, I've got a mask generation facility working pretty well for partial assembly images. The technique I use is to add the concept of chromakey color. I render the image with chromakey color (user selectable) as the background color. I then examine (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) I don't think making a separate part file for every known length of a part is the right approach, for at least two different reasons. First, it would significantly increase the number of parts in the LDraw library, making it that much harder (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  MEGA-POV 1.1

Hi All, I added support to LPub for POV-Ray 3.5 and 3.6. I was trying to use MEGA-POV 1.1, but it seems to have stopped supporting the find_edges facility. Anyone know how to do the find_edges in these newer renderers. Kevin (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

I added a feature to automatically generate contour lines for exported objects, and reexported my 6575 model. I'm not sure it's quite the way it should be yet. Also set up a wiki page where I'd appreciate suggestions and questions. The wiki will be (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) 1.5.5 Released

LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Download it here: (URL) are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at the same time -Unlimited Undo/Redo -Use/define (...) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

A little bit of extra work, and I'm ready (sort of) to present the first export capable edition. It outputs DAT or MPD files of the current scene, including STEP support. Script pack (since the script now is split in multiple files): (URL) of output (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw part origin rule

TrackDraw's parts are 2D models of 3D parts as viewed from the top. TrackDraw attempts to maintain LDraw compatibility by using the same origin and orientation. This allows TrackDraw to read and save layouts in *.ldr format. For parts that exist, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

"Ooh, new script." *download* "Hm, fix path, load...will it work?" *jaw drops* DUDE, YOU ARE THE COOLEST PERSON EVER!!! THIS ROCKS!!! *head explodes from all the possibilities* "ewww..." -Stefan- (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

(...) Thanks alot for this work. It's very much the combination of tools that I am looking forward to working with. We mentioned LCad/Blender ties quite a bit at Brickfest this weekend. (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

I've worked a bit more on my Blender LDraw import script. Recent additions: * Requires Blender 2.34 for some convenient functions. * Creates materials for each LDraw colour used, but does not fill in colours. * ldrawdir is now high in the script and (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

(...) Neither am I. However, line 318 isn't in childreBobj in the most recent public version of the script. Since that's the only one that works in Blender 2.34 (and it probably has trouble with some types of files anyway, such as if they contain (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: On My L3P Wish List: Support for camera.dat and look_at.dat

(...) (URL) hard to search for something like -ic or -ci on lugnet. If there is a way, I can never remember how. Have fun, Don (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact