 CAD / Development / 9362 (-40)
  Linetype/color question

I was reading through bits of Ldraw.org and came upon this section: (URL) this note under "Colors." "Colors 256-512 are dithered colors. Only line type 1 is allowed to use colors 256-512." Is that correct? In other words, I can't make an irregular (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: modeling monorail ramps (TrackDraw)

(...) ... (...) ... The solution I came up with is that a single button press on the Monorail toolbar adds both ramp halves to the layout. The pieces are individually selectable, though. If a layout designer wants to 'dead-end' a monorail track run (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: modeling monorail ramps (TrackDraw)

(...) The top and bottom ramp pieces are designed to fit together, they do NOT join up physically with any other of the monorail pieces. You may just as well design both together. Michel Magnan (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker outages in next few days

(...) Things are progressing on 2003-03, but it will be another few days before I can make the downloads available. I have been conscious of getting the Parts Tracker up and running again whilst I finalise the release. This will contain 314 files, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [PT] Letter Bricks - Common Keyword?

(...) Hmm, yes, maybe it's best. But I'd really like to have them categorized, but otoh that means a LOT of work. IF we make this effort and categorize the blue series, I think we should settle with two variants: one small bold (disregard sans or (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

Note to all Parts Tracker authors and reviewers: I have started changing the scripts to authenticate user privileges against your general ldraw.org login. So far, I've just updated the submit script. What this means is that you must be logged in to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: [PT] Moving Letter Bricks

(...) Ah. OK, then - I'll definitely leave all these as a single set, instead of trying to categorize them into the different (known) typefaces. Steve (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [PT] Moving Letter Bricks

(...) Fixes are posted to the PT. /Tore (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [PT] Moving Letter Bricks

(...) No, those are just my mistakes. (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [PT] Moving Letter Bricks

(...) Is that why blue ink quads on some of the letters is overlapping the background color in certain places? It makes the ends of the letters in 3005-C.DAT and 3005-J.DAT twinkle a bit when you move the bricks around in ldglite. Don (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [PT] Moving Letter Bricks

(...) Sounds like a good idea. To make things even more complicated, I recently won an eBay lot with numbered 3005's with a narrow font I've never seen before! (URL) (22k) I recall another problem with the letter bricks: Most of them are compromizes (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [PT] Moving Letter Bricks

See: (URL) Tore asked (jokingly) if we were done moving parts yet, and if there was a plan. No, we're probably not completely done, and there's something of a plan. If you look on Peeron for Duplo 2x2 tiles, there is a fairly complete set of pattern (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Primitive Generator program update

Another update for the Primitve Generator program is available. Version 1.9.49 Released 12/08/2003 Fixed a bug that would name cylinder files with a size number. Also found a bug that occasionally rotates the generated part around Y, So watch out (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: * LDraw Design Pad LDDP 1.52 released *

(...) Well I finally got around to trying this out! And I like it! Have a couple of suggestions though (only little ones!): The readme.txt file still has info on installation, that still talks about un-zipping a ZIP file - I think this section (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  * LDraw Design Pad LDDP 1.52 released *

Thank you to our users for the constructive feedback! Download it here: (URL) (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Features are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] PT-to-PN Authentication

Steve, Finally got this to work... on my Mom and Dad's PC... (It still doesn't work on my PC at the office, FWIW.) :P Just thought you'd want to know... Franklin === Raw === Name: 'Franklin Cain' Userid: 'fwcain' Roles: 'RS' POSTNUKESID: (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  works in progress

Just wanted to let you know (and claim "squatter's rights" ;) that I'm working on a couple more minifig accessories: (URL) Franklin (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Parts Tracker outages in next few days

Please expect some availability outages on the Parts Tracker in the next few days, as I begin work on the next parts update. I am not able to set any expectations as to the likely delivery date of 2003-03, as this will be the first time I have (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: Updating MLCad.ini

(...) In fact, pretty good IMHO. We could distribute language dll's together with small readme files - let's say readme_german.txt for instance and add the information into that file. I guess it would be also nice place to add (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Updating MLCad.ini

(...) Translations of the inifile's comments could be included in an additional help file or something. Just an idea Niels (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Updating MLCad.ini

(...) hi, andrew westrate has written a cool perl-script, which automatically compliles an .ini file based on a mpd. find the updated MLCad.ini below. the file has been tested against the latest part update 2003-02: non unofficial parts warning. (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Updating MLCad.ini

(...) i edited my ini file for the following items: ( some may be unnoficial parts.) minifig hand accesory- goblet camera camera with side scope town cup town loudhailer weapon bow and arrow minifig suitcase town signal holder as well as maybe (...) (21 years ago, 23-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Updating MLCad.ini

(...) I agree, but hey - ; ; ===...=== ; Fichero para ser leído por MLCad V3.00 o superior ; ===...=== ; Las líneas que empiezan por ; son comentarios ... ; Las líneas vacías se ignoran ; Las siguientes secciones definen los elementos utilizados por (...) (21 years ago, 23-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Primitive Generator program update

An updated Primitve Generator program is available. There have been several small changes, mostly unnoticable. The main reason for this relase is I noticed that edge/circle primitives were being created using color 16, It should have been 24. Added (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Primitive tolerances

(...) Generally parts only need to be authored to 3 decimal places. We decided on 4 DPs for the scalable primitives so that they could be scaled x10 without degrading the quality of the part. One could argue that p/48 primitves should be coded with (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Primitive tolerances

(...) My understanding was that primitives should have 4 decimal places of accuracy. However, whether or not this is the case, I think that any decimal places that are included should be accurate including appropriate rounding. Just my 2 cents. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Primitive tolerances

Can someone tell me what kind of accuracy tolerances we should be working within when it comes to scalable primitives? (URL) have placed a hold vote on this ring. Most all the numbers are within .0002. Is that acceptable or should the numbers be (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Updating MLCad.ini

Hallo back! First we should contribute the work that doesn't have visible result - this is fine example. I didn't check how does it look yet, but i am heading to do it. About translating the .ini file comment - I was considering about it when (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] PT-to-PN Authentication

(...) Franklin, Did you ever try deleting your ldraw.org cookie? I'd really like to get this worked out, but I shouldn't switch over the security if you won't be able to use the PT. Steve (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Updating MLCad.ini

hi folks, before LDraw.org will come up with it's massive parts update 2003-3 I'd like to check that the current MLCad.ini is up to date. I added the new 2003-parts at the bottom of thier approriate section. once I got them confirmed I'll sort the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Ldraw on Pocket PC like devices

I think I found a good solution but as I don't have a PC pocket yet but I'll be checking them and I'll try to get one, anyways the solution for ldraw in a handhelp pc can be by using (URL) yes I think but I know is a lot 30mb I was thinking on a (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.51 released *

(...) seeing if we can overcome this. (...) I wasn't aware this was changed but %0 is the correct parameter you want (...) There really is no plugin submission process. For now, you just post them on your webspace and advertise. Maybe in the future (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.51 released *

(...) Sorry I didn't get a chance to test out the beta, but I've got some feedback now if that's ok. Maybe it's because I use the Windows Large font option, but the options dialog boxes are a bit of a mess on my system. They come up with some text (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] PT-to-PN Authentication

(...) What it means is say I include an image from peeron.com in my post on lugnet, using the FTX image tag. Now, when you view my post via the web interface, your browser will go to peeron.com to get the image and display it to you. When your (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] PT-to-PN Authentication

(...) "3rd party cookie blocking" is my firewall programs's term not mine. I looked up what exactly this is in the help file of the program and here what I got: A third-party cookie is a type of persistent cookie that is placed on your computer, not (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Math Problem Again

(...) Yes, I saw that, too. (...) Thanks for the offer, but I have already made a working spreadsheet. :) Now, all I have to do is try to automate it with some VBS. /Tore (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Math Problem Again

(...) Hey! cool! where was this info when I wrote my calculator program? It would have made it alot easier. The calculator grew into a slightly different purpose though. it was for helping determine where to trim lines and quads at intersection (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] PT-to-PN Authentication

(...) Yeah, no cookies. The only time I've touched any cookie code is in pnauth.cgi, and that's only retrieving a cookie already set. Steve (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] PT-to-PN Authentication

(...) I'm not sure I'm understanding what you wrote, let me double-check. "3rd party cookie blocking" is like preventing google.com from retrieving a cookie set by amazon.com? If that's so, it's very odd -- the code in pnauth.cgi is not doing (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Math Problem Again

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ronan Webb wrote: 8<------ (...) Yes, it's very late. I'd better get myself some sleep first, and have a look at it tomorrow. Thanks a lot! /Tore (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact