 CAD / Development / 8722 (-20)
  Re: Callout generation

(...) Understood. Would this sort of feature be possible with a plugin system, so someone else who did know about it could write that? Just curious. -Tim (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Callout generation

(...) Encapsulated Post Script? Dunno anytin' bout it. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Callout generation

(...) Gotcha. This might be a tall order -- but would there be any way for LPub to create these callout elements such as numbers and lines in vector format, and write out an EPS? -Tim (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Callout generation

(...) Thanks! (...) I'm actually thinking that the page layout stuff might belong in different files with a syntax that is for page layout. Once you've generated all the images and you are to the point of rearranging them on pages, you don't want to (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Callout generation

(...) This looks cool! (...) How about LPub reading from a 'callout.ldr' submodel in the MPD file, and adding an option to say "compile callouts from previously generated images?" -Tim (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request for help...

(...) Sorry to hear that, hope its over quick. (...) Well, with the LDraw orginal archive that Orion Sent me, (and the FIle specs page), I am well on my way to what I need. For those who care, I am archiving them here: (URL) free to point others to (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Callout generation

I decided to take a break from the extensibility issue and decided to tackle something I've wanted to tackle for a while: callout images for small sub-assemblies. These callout assemblies can be seen in LEGO building instructions here: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request for help...

(...) Check your Email. I'll send #1 and 3 sans color chart -Orion (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request for help...

(...) Ldraw.org is down for a hardware overhaul. (...) We're all anxiously waiting. Here is a link to complete.exe. I don't know where to get complete.zip. (URL) (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Request for help...

Due to the fact, that I nor anyone I have personal contact with have been able to get ahold of the Ldraw.org website in a few weeks, (Not sure if its truely down, or if there is a mix up in a DNS server someplace in my ISP). I am asking for a few (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Background color controls for constr and part list images

Hi Jennifer, I started on a new meta-command in LPub to address these concerns (because my head is still spinning from the whole extension topic.) I'm introducing a new meta-command: 0 LPUB CALLOUT BEGIN (parameters) 0 LPUB CALLOUT END It is intened (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub extendability

(...) I want to put no limitations on what people contribute to LPub, because I could use the help. I originally imagined that the "LPub extension" stuff would simply be GUI free, behind the scenes code that would make LPub deviate from its normal (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) contained (...) it (...) OK, so I've been a little overwhelmed with the whole LPub extension topic, so this seems a little harsh in hindsight. I didn't mean to sound so selfish. Open source and multiple platform are both goals, but there are (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Orion's LDraw Website has Moved

Hi all, I've moved all my Lego related stuff to a new subdomain on my website. The new URL is: (URL) update all the bookmarks and hyperlinks accordingly -Orion (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) for the student. The only reason I wrote it was to prevent annoying comments from my editor because he doesn't have a clue on how to run a command line. IMHO LSynth GUI provides no added value beyond the annoyance prevention, but I started on (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub extendability

(...) Hi Jack, I appreciate your input. No need to leave. I guess the only reason I thought it would be good is for non-power users. Give them one stop shopping. LPub already has pretty big external program dependency list. I've spent a lot of time (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HD4J8p.wEF@lugnet.com... [ ... snippped ... ] (...) From your discussion on how LPub operates, it generates a lot more files than I realized (I never thought about generating the .dat (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> wrote in message news:HD4uy9.204w@lugnet.com... (...) I played around with it and thought it was pretty neat for how few lines of Tcl it was. I'd wager the existing LPub GUI could definitiely be done in (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) Yeah, I noticed the tcl/tk version of the LSynth GUI didn't get too many comments. (URL) you had any thoughts on how to make the LPub GUI portable? It's a bit heftier than the LSynth GUI, but it's probably doable in tcl/tk. Don (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub extendability

Kevin, Let me preface my response by saying I'm a programmer, but with zero socket or plug-in experience; I've never had a need to do either. Now the reason I've de-lurked: you've suggested a couple times that you would incorporate useful code into (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact