 CAD / Development / 8273
Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:32:19 GMT

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet

In 3D space you can have circles that are tangent along one line.  Imagine • a
vertical bar that has a circle attached tangentially, but can turn around
the bar, and slide up and down the bar.  Attach another circle to the bar
with the same capabilities.  You can hold one circle fixed, and place the
other circle an infinite number of places and orientations and still be
tangent to the line.

Line = Intersect(C1.Plane, C2.Plane)
if (Dist(C1.Center, Line) = C1.Radius) and (Dist(C2.Center, Line) =
C2.Radius) ...

(Or have I misunderstood?)
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden