 CAD / Development / 8126
  Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.

(...) <snip> (...) All of this is beyond a simple newbie like me to even comment on... its for the guys and gals who have been with this project for a long time. But I would forsee such things happening and for the better of the LDraw Legecy, James (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.

(...) Actually, I just thought of some other leads. If you are looking for a general 3D modeler to create parts, you can find several awesome freeware ones at (URL) recommend that you check out anim8or and wings 3d - they both have excellent (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.

(...) I agree. While personally, I frown on clone brands, I like the idea of developing libraries for non-LEGO based building systems like K'Nex and Hirstarts. I just browsed the Hirst site, and that stuff is wonderful! If I remember correctly, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.

(...) You keep saying that, but I think thou dost protest too much. I'll bet you're right now sitting on a huge stash of TYCO, Byggis, Qubo, Coko, Tandem, and of course MegaBloks. Stop living the lie, Tim! Admit your clonophilia and liberate (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.

(...) Ah, c'mon. He can't help being a LEGO-centric. ;o) /Tore (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.

<snip> (...) Clone brands, seem to be growing in popularity, good or bad, it _should_ be good for even the purists, as it should drive down cost for the Lego Brand. Nothing I am going to complain about... LDraw means I no longer have to let the kids (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.

(...) LOL, why am I not surprised Dave! replied to that :-) All I see around me is LEGO(R). :-D -Tim (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.

eads up, (...) it in a few hours, Dwayne (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.

(...) Ok, got an even more general question. Any reason that a group, could be set aside to develop just the CAD engine, and allow it to be used for loads of things? I mean, the core engine programmers could develop the core parts of the program, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.

Hi Dwayne - (...) No reason that I see, in fact, it just hasn't happened yet :-) (...) Yup. (...) Absolutely. (...) It's funny how with this post you've hit the nail on the head with my current line of thinking. :-) Steve and I have been talking (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)