 CAD / Development / 5217 (-20)
  Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"  [DAT]

(...) Huh? The way you've got the file now, the sphere's centerpoint is at <1,1,1>. (...) The current orientation of the file has the 'bulge' going toward the origin, not away from it. So I'd say it's bulging inward. (...) You've got that whole (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) It was a bad idea, please ignore that paragraph. (...) Ok, any lawyers around ? Anyone wants to write a license with all of that fancy legal stuff ? (...) The important thing for the parts is to keep them free to use and people who improve the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: "Needs Work"- Needs Work

"Thomas Burger" <Tburger666@aol.com> wrote in message news:G13G5x.3yn@lugnet.com... (...) The reason I didn't publish it was because I was waiting for it to be corrected gramatically. Since I'm not a parts author, I wouldn't be comfortable doing it (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: "Needs Work"- Needs Work

(...) yes it is a false link , tim never published the stuff i sent him (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) What Todd (and I) were commenting on was this (optional) provision: (...) Which is different from your statement above, and would block TLC from using the parts unless their program was free. Before finalizing the licenses, it would be (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) TLC won't use our parts directly (interfacing maybe) but even if they want to, they can use the parts as long as they use the unmodified version or publish their changes under our license. Here's a link with several software licenses: (URL) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) I'd definitely be somewhat concerned about a license which restricted the parts from being used with non-free programs. I'd hate to preclude the possibility of a really awesome commercial program being forced to re-invent the wheel, and (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) One thing I forgot to add -- In the spirit of open content, I think that any license that comes about ought to at least require that the republisher of the data must give a link to www.ldraw.org so that anyone using the parts or any (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G11svz.4IH@lugnet.com... (...) using (...) Something to be considered. I could give the Jessimans' an email soon (I haven't heard from them in a while) and ask them about the parts that James (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) Sounds interesting. I would rather see it under something like Perl's Artistic License than GPL, though. How do you define "programs"? And the license should be careful not to preclude the possibility of LEGO using or interfacing with the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Parts license

I'd like to propose an official license for the LDraw parts, I think this is something that has been mentioned before but we didn't get very far in the past. This is important now that there are plans to create am LDraw CD-ROM and I need this (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"

(...) It took me a while, but I finally realized why I'm so hesitant to re-orient this file... It's (part of) a sphere, and _all_ of the sphere (and disc/non-disc/edge) files are oriented such that the "centerpoint" (i.e., focus) of the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"

(...) Ooo, ick. I'll look into that. There's plenty of code in LDAO that does substitutions like tabs to blanks and CRs to CRLFs, but I don't remember doing anything with commas. And I usually pass code around in text buffers, not using the inherent (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  guide to the common ledit runtime errors

ledit can sometimes generate runtime errors. the 2 that are most relevent are: runtime error 216 (out of memory I think). This error means that the model or part file that you are trying to load is too large. the other one you will encounter is (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"

(...) Yes, thanks to your message with explanatory image. :-) Please consider giving that to whomever is in charge of maintaining the L-CAD FAQ at ldraw.org. (...) Using Steve's sugggestion as well, I'll call it "1-8sphc.dat". I've also inserted (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"

(...) Good suggestion. Except without the second dash, please. Could you make the title be: 1/8 Sphere Cut Off And add some comment lines, something like: 0 This figure is a sphere (radius 2^.5) intersected with a 0 standard-sized LDraw box (see (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"

(...) Yah, that would be the thing to do: send it to partsref@home.com. (...) I'm planning on using it in the skeleton leg, and maybe retro-fitting it into the minifig torso.[1] (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"

(...) There's a primitives group who decides if the primitive should be accepted or not (it's been a while since we last discussed anything so I don't know if it's still active). I don't have the list of members in this computer so I think the best (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"

(...) You mean you've managed to add the type 5 lines ? [snip] (...) To me, it's a special kind of sphere, so what fo you all think of 1-8sph-c.dat (standing for 1/8 of a sphere, cut of to fit in a corner) Greatings, M. Moolhuysen. (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Test version of LDraw Add-On Installation

I've finally put together an installation package for LDAO that should be safe. But it needs some more testing, before I publish it generally. Would someone be willing to try this out, and verify that it works? The test copy is at: (URL) Just (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact