 CAD / Development / 5203
Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:05:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Franklin W. Cain writes:

OK, I've finished this primitive

You mean you've managed to add the type 5 lines ?

Yes, thanks to your message with explanatory image.  :-)
Please consider giving that to whomever is in charge
of maintaining the L-CAD FAQ at ldraw.org.

Just what do I call the DAT file?
On my PC's hard drive, I'm calling it "RND-CRNR.DAT".
Is that good enough?

To me, it's a special kind of sphere, so what do you all think
of 1-8sph-c.dat (standing for 1/8 of a sphere, cut of to fit
in a corner)

Using Steve's sugggestion as well, I'll call it "1-8sphc.dat".
I've also inserted explanatory comments inside the DAT file.
(Oh, BTW, I have found that I *cannot* use commas
inside a DAT file, because whenever LDAO processes that file,
whether to compact it or inline it, IIRC, it inserts a
carriage-return/line-feed just after the comma,
which screws things up for the DAT file.)

I've not yet re-oriented the DAT file.  I just figured out
what Steve wanted, what he was getting at in his other post,
and I know how I could do this.  But I'd like to know *why*
this would be needed.  (This is a request for further enlightenment,
not a challenge of authority.)

Thanks!
Franklin