 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 62
Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:57:56 GMT

It is not part of a sphere.

It can be thought of as a virtual cube
which has had one corner sliced away
in a curved fashion.  Or to put it another way,
it is the grey area in this image:
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/lcad/round-corner.gif"

Its radii are "1", and its angles are 90 degrees
(i.e., 1/4 of a circle).

Thanks,
Franklin

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Steve Bliss writes:
[snipped Franklin's post]

Some comments/questions:

What is the definition of this part?  Is it a section of a sphere?
What are the angles and radii of the curved edges?

Could you reverse the shape, so it is convex?
This would make it easier to fit this p-file in with other p-files.

I had to make a similar file, for the skeleton's leg.
But I'm not sure it was regular enough to be worth
turning into a primitive.  I'll check my part over,
to see if I can use your file instead.

And I don't have any idea what to call the file.
Something with sphere.