 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 64
Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:09:55 GMT

Ooo, cool.  That means each of the colored faces in your image is a
1-4disc.dat, right?

That'll work very nicely.  I'll forward this to the primitives committee.  Do
you mind if I use it in the skeleton leg file?

Steve

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Franklin W. Cain writes:
It is not part of a sphere.

UPDATE!

It _is_ part of a sphere, I just realized,
a sphere having a radius of "the square root of 2"!

This primitive is one octant of that sphere
with three faces "planed/smoothed off"
so that the resulting object will fit
inside a cube having a length of "1".

Thanks,
Franklin

It can be thought of as a virtual cube
which has had one corner sliced away
in a curved fashion.  Or to put it another way,
it is the grey area in this image:
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/lcad/round-corner.gif"