 CAD / Development / 5196
Re: unofficial new primitive -- "Rounded Corner"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:32:35 GMT

OK, I've finished this primitive,
but before I re-submit it, I need to know
a couple of things...

Just what do I call the DAT file?
On my PC's hard drive, I'm calling it "RND-CRNR.DAT".
Is that food enough?

Also, what extra steps (if any) do I need to do
to get this accepted as an "official" primitive
in the next update?

Thanks!
Franklin

PS,
Since this post involves the naming of a primitive
and how to get it included into an official release,
I've redirected the follow-up to ".dev".

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Franklin W. Cain writes:

While encoding the Arm piece for the Minifig Skeleton,
I encountered something for which I needed a primitive
(and I couldn't find anything like it among the existing
primitives).

At the "wrist" of the Skeleton Arm, there are four
_rounded_corners_ (as I call them).

Since there wasn't an already-existing primitive
to handle this (at least, not one that I was able
to identify as such), I made one.