 CAD / Development / 4608
Re: BFC: LITS 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:15:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote...
In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing wrote:

The BFC-checker program must refuse to certify a part if any subfile
is not certified. So that flag would be implied in CERTIFY.

I don't think that's necessary.  If a subfile is not certified, then the
renderer will not apply BFC processing to the subfile.

If a subfile is not certified, you cannot know whether to reference it
using INVERTNEXT or not.
You would have to turn clipping off, but why not certify the subfile first?

Hmm, I see your point.  Except that the desired orientation of a subfile
may be known before that subfile is certified.  Here's a (somewhat
contrived) example: we've discussed defining the standard orientation of
all primitive files to be outward and upward.  So, we know what direction
4-4disc.dat is going to face, even before it's certified.

Even non-primitive subfiles may be in the same situation: the author knows
what the orientation is going to be, but hasn't cleaned up the subfile yet.

Steve