 CAD / Development / 4605
Re: BFC: LITS 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:16:18 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote...
In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing wrote:

The BFC-checker program must refuse to certify a part if any subfile
is not certified. So that flag would be implied in CERTIFY.

I don't think that's necessary.  If a subfile is not certified, then the
renderer will not apply BFC processing to the subfile.

If a subfile is not certified, you cannot know whether to reference it
using INVERTNEXT or not.
You would have to turn clipping off, but why not certify the subfile first?
I don't think it will be a problem anyway, because most subfiles are
primitives, and we should agree on their orientation and certify them first.

Besides, if having all subfiles certified was a requirement for
certifying a superfile, then we might as well get started cleaning up
all the part-files now.  Because we won't get any benefit from BFC
processing until all parts (which are subfiles from models) are
certified.

No, we will start benefit from BFC as soon as the first part has been certified
(after having certified the primitives of course)
(and assuming models can be considered certified)

BUT, the BFC-checker should reject any file containing subfile commands
with singular matrices.

Yep.
/Lars