 CAD / Development / 4609
Re: L3Lab and BFC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:21:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote...

Now, if L3Lab would just stop GPF'ing when I close the LDAO Editor windows...

I haven't experienced any crashes lately, can you describe in detail what you do,
so I can recreate the situation.

Hmm.  I'm using the latest (non-released) version of LDAO.  Which shouldn't
matter, the LDAO->L3Lab interface is the same.  I'm using L3Lab to view
files as I edit them.  I start an Edit session, L3Lab gives me the warning
about my video being set to 16-bit colors instead of 24-bit colors.  I
change the polling, subfile caching and view settings in L3Lab, switch the
view in LDAO to Front, change the zoom to 4x or 8x in LDAO, edit for
awhile, maybe change the BFC/mytest6 options in L3Lab, and then close the
LDAO Editor.  L3Lab gives me an error message about not being able to read
the file it was displaying, and then (with waiting for me to clear the
message dialog), I get a Windows error dialog (the newest version of the
GPF error message).  This is in Win98.

Did the previous L3Lab crash too?

Yes, it was slightly uglier about it, but mostly the same.

OK, you must be back from the cottage now.  Is there any command-line option for
polling in the new L3Lab? :)

Sorry not yet, I first have to get the polling menu fully functional.

Alrighty.  Once you settle the polling options, I'll update LDAO.

Steve