 CAD / Development / 2526
Re: LDlite 1.6 problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 17:13:04 GMT

Because I'm evaluating where to invest my available time.
As an investment in open source, LDLite has paid off OK.  It's
generated some "interest": others have contributed to the code,
we've seen remarkable speed increases, and a few other programs
have been encouraged to release source (LDAO, plus the new cad
program (MLCAD?) that used some of LDLite source).

But there are more end-users than contributors.  The investment
would perhaps have been better spent, for example, tweaking POV
to do edge highlighting, or contributing to the port of the linux
kernel to WinCE devices.

It's likely that the next release of LDLite will be the last.
I might follow up with a shareware plug-in for Netscape or IE,
since that would be cool.  The mac port will likely use OpenGL to
render the images, and so will look more like LGEO than the current
LDLite for windows.

-gyug

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

  why is 1.7 not released yet?
is there still problems with it? mabie you should release a beta
version, like steve does with ldao. it would be easier to find the
bugs...