 CAD / Development / 2514
Re: LDlite 1.6 problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 12:37:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ryan Dennett writes:
On 8/3/99, at 5:25 PM, blisses@worldnet.att.net wrote:

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 20:57:58 GMT, "Scott R Dennett" • <dennett@agate.net> wrote:

I have been having tons of problems with Ldlite 1.6  I know it's been out
for quite a while, but I don't use it much so I never bothered to say
anything. I'll list the problems below. I haven't had any problems with
previous versions of Ldlite.

Can't open a model in Ldlite directly from LDAO

Huh?  That's probably a problem with your LDAO-to-LDLite setup.
I never have any problems this way (and I constantly launch LDLite from
LDAO -- I use LDAO's editors).

Here are the settings that work for me(given that there is an LDLite directory
in your LDraw directory):

Command:
%base%\LDLite\ldlite.exe %model% %parm%
Working Directory:
%base%
'Requires model' and 'Needs short filenames' are both checked.

I also have 'Show in Menu' and 'show as button' checked.

Can't set it to skip STEP lines(continous mode)
Can't save steps as images.

These two might be a problem if you are using the current beta of LDAO.
It's an LDAO problem, not LDLite.

Steve

I am using LDAO version 1.4.5 because the next version and the beta both
have the "disappearing cursor" on my computers. I am not sure, but it seems
like my not being able to click on a model in LDAO and then click the LDlite
button and have Ldlite render the model, began around the time I put Ldlite
1.6 on my computer. I don't have an older version of Ldlite so I can't prove
that it is the problem.
But the other two shouldn't matter because I was setting those in Ldlite's
'option' menu.
If there is anything else for information that would help, let
me know and I'll try to supply it.
Ryan

These have never worked for me either, and I think it is because they need to
be called from the command line.  It works if you use LDAO's settings.

Jeff