 CAD / Development / 2536
Re: LDlite 1.6 problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 03:40:58 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

Paul Gyugyi <paul@gyugyi.com> writes:

The investment would perhaps have been better spent, for example,
tweaking POV to do edge highlighting

[...]  I have no idea
how one would go ahead to include edge highlighting in POV-Ray, but then
again, I'm not that familiar with the raytracer.

Similar to how I added it to rayshade (for examples, see the
instruction sheets at the bottom of:
<http://www.gyugyi.com/l3g0/darksun/L3/jade/outpost/outpost.html>

One feature I would like to see in an LDLITE style renderer is
anti-aliasing, but I have no idea how this could be done.

Easy: have the internal bitmap be twice as wide and high, and
shrink it down to display on the screen, blending the pixels
together.  I've held off on doing this because it requires the
Type 2 lines to be wider than one pixel, or they get blurred out.
Of course, you need wider Type 2 line anyways if you want to
generate 8.5" x 11" instruction sheets at 600 dpi, and if you are
going to do that, you'd like to save the images in a more compressed
png format, and you might as well have an alpha channel for a
transparent background so you can overlay it on pretty scenery.

-gyug