 CAD / Development / 2128
Re: LDAO Suggestion Mark 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:50:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:01:50 GMT, "Scott R Dennett" <dennett@agate.net>
wrote:

I'm gonna butt in here and say that I would prefer having actual
folders to store different themes in. Say an actual folder for
space, etc.  I would prefer that over a flooded /models folder.

I agree with you, but the advantage of the 'virtual folder' approach is
that it would continue to work with LDraw, without any weird sub-directory
references needed in multi-file models.

Which brings me back to my original idea of having LDAO manage the \models
directory, copying files in and out as needed, based on the user launching
different models into different tools.  But that could get pretty ugly.  If
you know what I mean.

Steve

Hey Steve!  That is *exactly* what I was thinking! (and I can't think of
anytime when you said it, so if you did, I must've missed it.)  That would be
the way I'd like it done.  I think it would make a cleaner directory tree.

Jeff

P.S.  I hope you put in some overwiting protection soon.  I've lost numerous
hours of work by forgetting to add my submodel number to files and overwriting
the original.  :(