 CAD / Development / 2116
Re: LDAO Suggestion Mark 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:51:39 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:376e43ee.5443161@lugnet.com...
On Sun, 20 Jun 1999 20:38:45 GMT, "John Bauman" <jtb86@ptdprolog.net>
wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote in message <376d28fd.95944024@lugnet.com>...
Have you tried setting up some folders and LNK files, and rendering • through
LDLite?  What does it make of the LNKs?

It works, I opened ldlite and moved it to a folder that had a link to a dat
file.
It recognized it as being a link to a dat, and when I opened, it worked.

That's Windows recognizing the LNK file, and launching the actual DAT file
into LDLite.  LDLite doesn't know a thing about LNK files.

What I meant was whether or not LDLite would recognize a referenced file
which was actually a LNK, not a DAT file.  So if I made a submodel called
submodel.dat, and created a LNK to submodel, called alias.lnk, and I tried
to use alias in an LDLite file, would LDLite resolve the reference?  The
answer is: no, LDLite does not resolve the reference.

And say I'm working in my "Space" virtual directory and I create a model
called Ship1.dat.  Does the actual Ship1.dat go into the /models directory and
have a LNK file put in Space?  What if I'm then working in a "Sea" virtual
directory and also create a model named Ship1.dat?  Does the space Ship1.dat
get overwritten?

-John Van