 CAD / Development / 10394
  L3P "Skip" part metacommand

Is it too late to see a command for the new L3P to ignore a part/line when calculating the camera position/angle, but still render it in the final scene? Most of my renders are quite plane, but I'd prefer to have the railway track going beyond the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand  [DAT]

(...) If I understand you correctly, I may already have found a solution to your problem with my two ldraw objects "camera.dat" and "look_at.dat". Following camera will be seen in any LDraw renderer, but invisible in POV: 0 ~Camera Position 0 Name: (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) Not quite. Currently, L3P uses the entire visible "model" to calculate the camera position (-cg? ) to fit it all in. I would like to keep this functionality, but be able to tell it to ignore certain parts, e.g. train tracks which will extend (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) Oh, I think I see now. What about using IFNOTPOV? (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) It's not what you're asking for, but I have code in an (unreleased) version of LDView that will put a POV camera into the clipboard based on the current view in LDView. It then lets you compose your view in LDView and simply replace L3P's (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) Everything inside IFNOTPOV won't show up in the POV file at all, so that would still require two passes (one with IFNOTPOV to generate the camera, and one without to have the correct scene). --Travis (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) True, but IFNOTPOV produces "if(0)" statements that can very easily be replaced by "if(-1)" and all the commented out tracks will be uncommented again. I find that easier than copy and paste camera positions. /Tore (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) That's almost there but it still includes that part in the camera position calculations so doesn't really leave me better off. This would still require copying the camera data over. I'll have a look at doing two passes and copying it over (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) It's never too late - I only hope that I'll soon have some time for L3P again. The shortest and easiest to remember keywords I could think of is: 0 L3P CAMERA_CALC OFF ... 0 L3P CAMERA_CALC ON Note, however, that it will only work in the main (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P "Skip" part metacommand

(...) That looks perfect. Thank you :) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)