 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 394
Re: "Clusters" of Studs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:47:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Ross Crawford wrote:
Just to clarify, would these include the surface between the studs, or just
the studs? I think logically they should include just the studs but just
wanted to make sure.

Yeah, they'd be just the studs.

However, if there's truly a part-author demand for 1xN (and maybe 2xN)
stud-groups, I'm not totally opposed to them.  But maybe we could call them
'stud rows', instead of stud-groups?  So they'd be stur*.dat files?

Maybe, if that is a future possibility, the square ones should be named
stus*.dat? As there may in future be demand for other (non-square) stud
groups?

I'm not opposed to that; I don't see a compelling choice between stug* and
stus*.

Because I had files that used them, I went ahead and submitted stug3, stug4,
stug6 and stug8 to the PT.  If people want stus* instead of stug*, please speak
up now. :)

Steve