 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 864
863  |  865
Subject:
Parts Cataloging Program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:37:08 GMT

I've just hacked up a program that generates an html parts-list (with
pictures) that bears an uncanny resemblance to the one found at Lutz
Uhlmann's page (http://titan.informatik.uni-bonn.de/~uhlmann/partlst2.html)
and can also be told to generate a list with used-defined classifications to
produce output similar to the lugnet.com partsref.

The main reason was so that I could get a viewable list of all (and only)
the parts in my Ldraw/Parts directory... it works very nicely indeed.

Currently, it's pretty brain-dead, but if anyone else out there would like
such a program, I'd be only too happy to make it smarter and upload/make
available the source to the appropriate group (is there one?).

What it does:
* Scans a specified directory for dat files
* Runs ldlite to generate a bmp
* Runs Image Magick's 'convert' program (don't worry, it's freeware) to turn
it into a low-color gif (and making it 90% smaller)
* Adds an appropriate line to the relevant htm file
* Doesn't bother to generate an image that already exists (which makes
're-scanning' your parts directory fairly painless)

The source is fairly portable (it only makes one Win32 API call), so if
anyone wants me to post (or email) it, let me know.

The executable, source-code and docs are at

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~cat/lcat.zip

--
Caton Little