 CAD / Development / 4198
Re: Parts Cataloging Program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:21:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
<SNIP>
Also, LDAO creates part-images, and keeps them in the ldraw\vec
directory.  LDAO produces bmp format files, but the VEC will look for,
and use, image files in gif or jpg.  So you might want to mine the vec
for images (when possible), and maybe even save your images to the same
location.

I've been meaning to ask about image file formats for a while now.

What are the preferred file formats for these pics?  Right now I have
ldglite dumping png files since they're true color, fairly well compressed,
and not lossy like jpg.  I could make bmp an option since I had that
working before I switched to png.  I could add others if people really
want them.

Don