 CAD / Development / 4202
Re: Parts Cataloging Program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 00:54:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:

I've been meaning to ask about image file formats for a while now.

What are the preferred file formats for these pics?  Right now I have
ldglite dumping png files since they're true color, fairly well compressed,
and not lossy like jpg.  I could make bmp an option since I had that
working before I switched to png.  I could add others if people really
want them.

Which pics?  The ones in the ldraw\vec directory?  Or part-images in
general?

Png is a good format, but still not very widespread.  LDAO reads bmp 10x
faster than anything else, and doesn't recognize png.

I usually do gif for web stuff, and bmp-rle for local stuff.

Steve