 CAD / Development / 4197
Re: Parts Cataloging Program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:00:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:

[moved to lugnet.cad.dev]

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Caton Little wrote:

I've just hacked up a program that generates an html parts-list (with
pictures) [...]

The executable, source-code and docs are at

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~cat/lcat.zip

When I tried to run lcat, the continual re-launching of LDLite hosed my
system.  I'm running Win98.2, with a 1600x1200 display.  I got through
977 parts beore total lockup, but my free system/user resources kept
dropping to zero.  This could be due to a resource-leak in lcat, but it
seems just as likely (maybe more likely) that this is just an example of
how to stress-out Windows to the point of failure.

I got around this problem by converting all the images from ldraw\vec to
gifs in ldraw\lcat\images.

Steve