 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 865
Re: new part - 71014 Castle Greatsword
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:50:16 GMT

Franklin W. Cain <fwcain@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Frs6qw.2J0@lugnet.com...
Here is the Castle Greatsword
(you know, that ubiquitous chrome thing
that has all but replaced the good ol' dark grey sword).

Please LMKWYT.

I've got several suggestions for you on this part:

Only type 2 and type 5 lines should have color 24.  Edge primitives should
take color 16, since the color 24 is hard-coded into the primitive
definition.

I think the more narrow edgelines for the grip are offset so that they are
placed in the middle of the wider sections of the grip.

You should use type 2 and/or type 5 lines for the thick areas of the blade.
If you view the sword from the front in wireframe mode, the thickness of the
blade dissappears.

Edgelines should be added where the guard intersects the quillioins, and
where the grip intersects the pommel.

If any of this is unclear, just let me know :)

-John Van