 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4390
Re: New Part: x727 - Trailer 4 x 16 Ramp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 21:44:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee writes:
( http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=3585 )

IIRC, part of what I did to these was to add the type 2 line inside the thin
pattern rectangles and subjugate the pattern to subfile. These are techniques
that proboably did not exist when you made the original part, so there is
absolutely no reason why you should feel bad about this.

I don't feel bad about improvements made to my old files. That's not my
point. But I feel worse and worse about my parts submitted back in March 2002:

<Long background>
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson writes:
( http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=3584 )

My parts do have problems. Let's have a look at the occurance of my name in
the updates lcad0103, 0201, and 0202:

lcad0103:
1. 777p11.dat
One new part by Chris Dee, based on a part made by me.

lcad0201:
1. 3070bpc2.dat
Old part by me, converted to groove by Jaco
2. 3010p20b.dat
Old part by me, improved by CWD
3. 3010p20c.dat
Old part by me, improved by CWD
4. 3010p20w.dat
Old part by me, improved by CWD

lcad0202
1. box4-1.dat
Old primitive by me, BFC adjusted by TH
2. stud5.dat
Old primitive by me, BFC adjusted by SEB
3. stu25.dat
Old primitive by me, BFC adjusted by SEB
4. 711.dat
Old part by me, improved by me

That makes nine hits:
* One new part, based on a part by me
* One old part by me, improved by me
* Four old parts and three old primitives be me, improved by others

Now let's have a look at the occurance of my name in the updates lcad0203,
0203, 0205, and 0206:
lcad0203:
1. 777p07.dat
New part by me
2. s\3626bs01.dat
Old sub-part by me(?), improved by SEB

lcad0204:
1-4. 3068bp**.dat
4 old parts by me, added groove.
5. 4796.dat
New part by me
6. 739.dat
New part by me
7. 739p01.dat
New part by me
8. s\747s01.dat
Old part by me, improved by me
9-11 777p0*.dat
3 new parts by me

lcad0205:
1. 4360.dat
Old part by me, fixed by me and DG
2. 744.dat
New part by me

lcad0206:
0 entries

That makes 15 hits:
* Eight new parts by me
* Zero new parts, based on parts by me
* One old part by me, improved by me
* Five old parts and one old subpart be me, improved by others

Eight new parts by me in the last nine parts updates, thanks to a minor
jackpot in lcad0204.
Meanwhile, there are 44 hits when I scan the Parts Tracker:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=Tore
22 of them are files initially submitted at the first half 2002-03, and for
the majority of them, no problems have been found on them so far, after nine
months.
The "oldest" file at the Tracker's File Queue page was initially submitted
in 2002-07-31.
Last action date is one way of measuring how badly a file needs attention,
date for initial submission could be another...!

</Long background>

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee writes:

Maybe the parts list be sorted in "submit time" order, rather then alphabetic.
That way the longest waiting files would get greater exposure? I'm not sure
there is great benefit in the alphabetic order anyway.

With no problems discovered on a file nine moths after submission, it should
be automatically certified!

/Tore