 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3557
Re: New Part: x727 - Trailer 4 x 16 Ramp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:03:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Don Heyse writes:
This one could use some edge lines at the tips of the "thumbs"

It also has that problem with the optional line where the cylinder
meets the flat surface that we talked about before.

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=3375

I only mention that one because I don't think we should forget
about the problem with the cylinder primitives...

I know, I know, but I couldn't care much less. The parts I make are good
enough for making instructions and overqualified for animations, but never
good enough for the authorizing crew. It's no use, I won't even try to
submit any more parts to the Tracker. There is a balance between quality and
quantity and my opinion is that this whole thing has heeled over badly to
paying attention to insignificant details.

From now on, I will only submit my parts here where people can enjoy them if
they can stand the flaws.

PS. Don't take it personal, Don. :o) DS.

Hi Tore,

I'm not sure what to make of this.  I think your parts are fantastic
and I'm sure many people (myself included) enjoy them even with these
insignificant flaws.  I'd have thought your parts would have no
problems with the official authorizing crew, even if I said nothing.
Am I too picky?  Perhaps I should stop commenting.  I don't know.  I
was just trying to help in whatever small way I could because I know
I don't have what it takes to create new parts myself.

Anyways, if my comments are annoying, let me know and I'll be happy
to shut up and enjoy the parts as is.

Have fun,

Don

PS.  What does the DS. in your PS. mean?