 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 294
Re: Part number needed & New primitive submission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:36:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Adam Howard writes:
Hmm...

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
A few things I noticed/suggestions:

3. Ignore the rotation point.  Orient the part to fit in the window frame
part at the default position & rotation.
hmmm.... No.  I think if a part rotates around a specific axis when atached
to another part then it needs to be designed around that rotational axis.
Other window panes were designed around their rotational axis so I don't
think this should be any different.

But this piece is more akin to 3855 1x4x3 Window Glass than 3854 1x2x3 Window
Pane.  This piece and 3855 are akin in that, while they can be rotated, it is
*much* less common than sitting vertical in the frame.  Your piece, in its
current form, would be a major pain to use (at least for me).

Jeff